….”stooping so low as to take a picture from his Facebook, significantly edit it, and then employ it to suit their dastardly desires.”
Young man, your dad and mom are elected Public Officials. Your dad even stated you served as his political campaign manager even though he ran unopposed. Please know they are subject to be lampooned or cartooned as the focus of public opinion in the political arena. Just Google the words “Political Cartoons” for your information. Man up and stop your sniveling. If they want to return to private life, they have the option to step down from elected office. It goes with the territory. (See Public Official/Limited Public Official definition at bottom of this post)
Photos posted on Facebook are public domain. Don’t you think it’s a little over the top to write…”dastardly desires,” yes? Really? Is that how you speak in public? Yikes!
Usually the young children of elected officials keep their heads down in low profile staying off limits. However, the young Lombardo has chosen to place himself into the public arena with a sniveling letter in defense of the recall target Yucca Valley Councilman Robert Lombardo. FYI-These actions have placed young Lombardo’s status as “Limited Public Person.”
Young Lombardo will get a pass for now because he is off to an Ivy League College. This community, including this person, wishes him all the best. Please be forewarned, he is in for one big shock leaving his cocoon and cuddles of a small mud hole to go out into the big blue ocean of the real world. Nothing against Yucca Valley, I chose to retire here after being a world traveler, laughing, working and living in that big real world.
Here is one big tip to send off young Lombardo…
1. There is no shame to fixing or cleaning teeth. However, a dentist is just that…NOT a Doctor. You will come across real doctors with degrees and physicians at the university, old money society requiring social graces to fit in. Psst! They will not think kindly of a dentist parading around in scrubs waving around the title of “Doctor.”
Good luck young Lombardo…Man up…lighten up and laugh it off…
1. The Individual must be on a government payroll.
2. The person must hold a position that invites public scrutiny.
- Power to make policy decisions
- Power to spend public funds
- Operates without direct supervision and
- actions directly affect public.
–All elected officials or candidates for elected office. (when story pertains to performance in or ability to hold office).
–Police Officers (when story pertains to official actions).
–Public School Teachers (when story pertains to performance or qualifications).
Limited Public Figure
“[Limited] public figures have thrust themselves to the forefront of particular public controversies in order to influence the resolution of the issues involved…they invite attention and comment.
Current average ratings.