On Saturday, June 29, 2013, at approximately 3:00 p.m., deputies from the San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department responded to a vandalism/disturbance call at a residence in the 12900 block of 2nd Street, in the city of Yucaipa.
Upon arriving on scene, deputies discovered a subject, Merlin Factor, 25, vandalized a mobile home and was last seen with a female who resided at the location. Factor was known to have felony warrants for his arrest. Deputies began checking the area for Factor and the female.
A short time later, the female called 911 and deputies responded to the area of Yucaipa Blvd. and 3rd Street. Deputies spotted the female and Factor in a vehicle. Deputies conducted a traffic stop, on the vehicle, in the area of Yucaipa Blvd. and 3rd Street.
Factor got out of the vehicle and began fighting with deputies. Factor attempted to retrieve a weapon during the struggle, forcing a deputy to shoot him. Paramedics responded to the scene and Factor was transported to a nearby hospital, where he was pronounced deceased.
Detectives from the San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department’s Homicide Detail responded to the scene and are conducting an investigation.
You might be interested
Incoming search terms:
- merlin factor yucaipa
- merlin factor
- merlin factor yucaipa shooting
- 106 Schroeter Blvd Cactus mobile home fire jan 31 2014
- 106 schroeter blvd cactus tx one man dead in fire
- a city of yucaipa / san bernardino county sheriff deputy is missing
- man killed on yucaipa blvd 5/14/14
- man killed sheriffs deputies yucaipa identified
- merlin factor shooting in yucaipa ca