The San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department Morongo Basin Station/Yucca Valley Police Department personnel are actively looking for a suspicious male subject described as a white or hispanic male adult approximately 20 – 40 years of age. The subject was last seen in the City of Yucca Valley driving a vehicle described as a brown faded sedan or SUV.
The suspect reportedly confronts females who are walking and/or jogging alone and attempts to persuade them to enter his vehicle. The victims have successfully avoided the subject and were able to later report the incident to law enforcement.
Captain Richard Boswell would like to remind citizens to take a few safety measures when you are out in the public:
- Carry your car keys in your hand as you walk to your vehicle as they can be used against an attacker.
- If you are walking or jogging you are encouraged to do so in numbers – the buddy system
- Jog or walk during daylight hours and in populated areas. Stay clear from “shortcuts” that are in rural areas.
- Don’t allow yourself any unnecessary distractions such as talking on cell phones. This will aid you in being aware of your surroundings.
- Don’t allow children to be by themselves, always make sure they have an adult with them.
- If you are grabbed/attacked, resist by fighting back, yell and if possible run to the nearest business or home for help.
- Never accept rides from strangers and don’t allow yourself to be lured closer to unfamiliar vehicles.
- Be a good witness, report as much detail as possible to law enforcement personnel.
If you have recently been approached or have any information regarding a suspicious male subject seen in your area please call the Morongo Basin Sheriff’s Station/Yucca Valley Police Department at (760) 366-4175 or immediately call 911.
Incoming search terms:
- cruisy yucca valley
- pick up lines