Loading...
You are here:  Home  >  News  >  Current Article

Kellie King Crowned Miss Yucca Valley 2013

By   /   February 2, 2013  /   1 Comment

    Print       Email
Kellie King Facebook (299x376)

Kelli King (courtesy Facebook)

Yucca Valley, Ca.- This evening Kellie King was crowned Miss Yucca Valley 2013  at the Noon Rotary Scholarship Pageant, winning a scholarship of  $1,500.  The room was filled with young students serving as cheer leaders for the seven contestants. It is a bitter-sweet evening as the past court said their thanks and goodbyes before taking their last stroll down the runway.

I have watched these young ladies start out as very shy people when they begin their first meeting in September.  They meet every Monday to study the book, “The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People,” by Stephen Covey.  This book has sold more than 20 million copies in 38 languages imparting a system and approach to life that works in business and personal situations.

The earlier court instructs the new contestants for four months and helps out with their opening dance routine meeting every Monday supervised by Sheldon and Tara Hough.  While all contestants hope to be selected to the court or crowned, all are winners because of their experiences leading up to the pageant. The lessons learned from this experience will be a part of their future  as they set their own course and destiny.

Their scoring is based as follows: Committee =20% of total score, Essay Competition = 15% of total score, Interview = 35% of total score and Pageant Night=30% of total score.

The First Princess was Katie Sage winning a scholarship of $1,000, Second Princess was Chelsea Mondary winning a scholarship of $750 and Third Princess was Ashley Burnett, winning a scholarship up to $500.

Congratulations to everyone!

 

 

Likes(0)Dislikes(0)

Incoming search terms:

  • miss yucca valley 2013
  • kellie king
  • 647-876-0306
  • facebook looking for refugio montanez
  • How Old Is Kelli King
    Print       Email

About the author

Margo Sturges

Yucca Valley Editor

Note: Margo Sturges has written many articles for Cactus Thorns and is the founder of Citizens4Change.info. Email contact: MargoSturgesYV(at)aol.com "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."- George Orwell

1 Comment

  1. Thank you for writing this interesting story.

    Likes(0)Dislikes(0)

You might also like...

Supreme Court: Guns don’t kill people, People Kill People

Read More →
Social Media Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com
UA-9539515-1 e0a5d0bb00574423a5afb96d6b854248