Yucca Valley, Ca.,- There are new numbers to report as the final tallies are in from closing out the 460s to report donations. Some costs are still hidden and concealed which may never surface without a forensic audit.
I will refer back to this story link with the new figures and updates. I just needed to put this post up for reference.
Here are the totals as of November 14, 2012:
Total Costs have Exceeded $232,750.00!
For a rural town of 20,700 population with the average income of $32,000 per year, it really is excessive especially in this economy.
Here is a recap:
Town of Yucca Valley — General Fund expenses (our tax dollars)
• $48,000 Lew Edwards and Associates (awarded January 2012);
• $75,000 (max) flyers, mailers, postage and surveys (approved January 2012);
• $6,000 general fund reserves undesignated to town clerk for ballot measure Aug. 7, 2012;
• $20,000 general fund reserves undesignated for more outreach Aug. 7, 2012.
$199,000 Town of Yucca Valley (includes estimated costs for staff time while on the clock and attorney fees)
$33,750 Political Action Committee, Yes on Measure U**
$951 Citizens Committee Vote No Measure U**
This is outrageous!
**To clarify, the Political Action Committee and Citizens Committee are not town entities and did not spend town money.
Form 460 Document link
Margo Sturges Author link
Incoming search terms:
- lew edwards cactus thorns