TWENTYNINE PALMS CITY COUNCIL/CITY COUNCIL IN ITS CAPACITY AS SUCCESSOR AGENCY TO THE FORMER TWENTYNINE PALMS REDEVELOPMENT AGENCY
6136 Adobe Road
Twentynine Palms, CA 92277
Tuesday, January 8, 2013
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN, that the City Council/City Council in its Capacity as Successor Agency to the Former Twentynine Palms Redevelopment Agency will hold a Regular Meeting on January 8, 2013 at City Hall, 6136 Adobe Road, Twentynine Palms, CA 92277 to consider the following:
TWENTYNINE PALMS CITY COUNCIL/CITY COUNCIL IN ITS CAPACITY AS SUCCESSOR AGENCY TO THE FORMER TWENTYNINE PALMS
CLOSED SESSION AGENDA
CALL TO ORDER
Adjourn to Closed Session.
A “Closed” Session of the City Council or the City Council in its capacity as Successor Agency to the former Twentynine Palms Redevelopment Agency may be held in accordance with state law which may include, but is not limited to, the following types of items: personnel matters, labor negotiations, security matters, providing instructions to real property negotiators and conference with legal counsel regarding pending litigation. The Closed Session will be held in the City Hall Conference Room located at 6136 Adobe Road, Twentynine Palms, California. Any public comment or discussion of Closed Session items or actions following the Closed Session will be made in the City Council Chambers, 6136 Adobe Road, Twentynine Palms, California.
1. Conference with Legal Counsel-Potential Litigation (Government Code Section 54956.9) Number of Cases: 1
2. Conference with Real Property Negotiator, Richard Warne-Property Acquisition (Government Code Section 54956.8) APN: 0618-012-02.
REGULAR SESSION AGENDA
Next City Ordinance Number: 247
Next City Resolution Number: 13-01
Next Successor Agency Resolution Number: 13-01
CALL TO ORDER
Pledge of Allegiance.
Invocation- Pastor Steve Byrnes, Sons of Salvation Church.
Closed Session Announcements.
Changes to the Agenda.
These proceedings will be televised on Cable T.V. Channel 10, as follows: Every Monday following the City Council meeting at 6:30 p.m. and may be viewed on demand on the City of Twentynine Palms website at www.29palms.org.
AWARDS, PRESENTATIONS, APPOINTMENTS AND PROCLAMATIONS
1. Recognition of Alan Rasmussen.
2. Recognition of Former San Bernardino County Supervisor Neil Derry.
This is the time for the public to address the City Council on issues within the jurisdiction of the City Council that are NOT on this agenda. All comments are to be directed to the City Council and shall not consist of any personal attacks. Members of the public are expected to maintain a professional, courteous decorum during their comments. There is a time limitation of three minutes per person. If you haven’t already done so, please fill out name and address slips and give them to the City Clerk. The City Council is prohibited by State law from taking action or discussing items not included on the printed agenda. Public comments on specific agenda items will be deferred until consideration of the item on the agenda.
COUNCIL COMMENTS AND REPORTS OF MEETINGS ATTENDED CONSENT CALENDAR
All matters listed under the Consent Calendar are to be considered routine by the City Council/ City Council in its Capacity as Successor Agency to the Former Twentynine Palms Redevelopment Agency and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed. Any item may be removed from the Consent Calendar and considered separately by the City Council. The public will be given an opportunity to comment on Consent Calendar items prior to the City Council action.
3. Waive the Reading of Ordinance and Approve the Reading by Title Only.
4. Approval of Warrant Register Totaling $654,116.73.
5. Project Funding Agreement No. C13059 Between the San Bernardino County Transportation Authority and the City of Twentynine Palms for Phase II Construction of National Park Drive Street Improvements.
6. Project Funding Agreement No. C13060 Between the San Bernardino County Transportation Authority and the City of Twentynine Palms for the Reimbursement of the City’s Share of the Construction Costs for the Construction Phase of State Route 62 from Canyon Road to Sunrise Road.
7. Contract No. C13066 Between the San Bernardino Associated Governments (SANBAG) and the City of Twentynine Palms for Implementation of a Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE) Program to Finance the Installation of Distributed Generation Renewable Energy Sources, Energy of Water Efficiency Improvements or Electric Vehicle Charging Infrastructure.
8. Referral to the Planning Commission a Request by Sunnyvale Garden Suites to Amend Chapter 19.150 of the Development Code to Permit a Commercial “Hotel” Sign in the Area of Specific Plan #1.
ITEMS REMOVED FROM CONSENT CALENDAR FOR DISCUSSION PUBLIC HEARINGS
9. Discussion and Possible Action on Amendments to Development Code Chapter 19.33 “Peddling/Hawking/Soliciting Permit” Regarding the Standards and Requirements of Such Activities within the City of Twentynine Palms.
10. Specific Plan Amendment to the Downtown Economic Revitalization Specific Plan Regarding Parking and Signage Requirements.
11. Review and Consideration of Potential Changes to Chapter 19.36 “Home Occupations”, to Bring the City Development Code into Conformance with AB1616 Regarding Preparation and Sale of Food Items from Residential Units.
DISCUSSION AND POTENTIAL ACTION ITEMS
12. Funding Assistance Request by Golcheh Developments and Investments, LLC for Acquisition of a 19,000 Square Foot Box in the Stater Brothers Shopping Center.
13. Contract Award for the Preparation of “Round 5” Housing Element Update.
14. Review City Council Regional Organization Assignments and Make Appointments as Appropriate.
FUTURE COUNCIL INITIATED ITEMS
You might be interested
Incoming search terms:
- 29 palms city council meeting
- 29 palms ca city council
- twentynine palms city council agenda
- twentynine palms city council agenda feb 11 2014