I wonder if Cactus Thorns readers have any predictions? I have some predictions myself:
1. That the top vote-getters in the Yucca Valley March special election for a seat open on the town council will be Bob Leone and Claude Short, and one of them will be the next town councilman.
2. That the 29 Palms government will become more transparent with the new dynamics on the city council.
3. That the Z107.7 FM radio station will do more Op-Ed pieces with a sting and the station’s (webpage) hits will increase.
4. That after some delay three 29 Palms City Council member will be motivated to champion the cause of public and fire safety. They will succeed with a plan a joint plan to save the TPFD at its current level of operation, and thus be able to continue to keep the community safe.
5. That should any capital project go forward in Yucca Valley, its town manager will continue with his tradition of pulling Fontana friends out of his carpetbag and award them contracts or consulting fees. The public will become increasingly impatient with the town manager going down this road.
6. That the Twentynine Palms City Council will move sluggishly on fire and public safety to maintain the fire department at its current level. It will be one of the most important issues of 2013. Their public image may take a hit for being slow to act.
7. That the backlash of public opinion on spending funds fighting Project Phoenix will be weighed by three 29 Palms City Council members. They will galvanize their vote and dim the hopes of the city manager, Rutan & Tucker and RGS consulates from running up any more unnecessary legal and consulting fees.
8. That in 2013 the 29 Palms City Manager will find it increasingly difficult to do things his owe ways.
Now some prediction from afar
Okay, I admit I subscribe to the Coast to Coast email newsletter. Sure, there are some pretty far out theories out there, but there is also a good balance of cutting edge science from around the world. The show draws 3 million listeners in North America. Every year they record predictions for the new year.
This morning the Coast to Coast newsletter had some pretty weird predictions from its listeners.
One caller from the Bronx predicting a comet passing near Earth would be highly visible and cause people to loose control and panic. This sounds like the effect Orson Welles had on the public when he read War of the Worlds over the radio and people panicked. Another caller predicted Big Foot will be captured in the Pacific Northwest and its DNA will reveal Big Foot is the result of mating apes with humans. Note that there is some lame professor in the Pacific Northwest, a cryptozoologist,who hunts for Big Foot with a high-power rifle. If such a creature would tear him to threads many people would be on the side of the Big Foot.
Someone from Charlotte predicted a mini-ice age in the United States in April 2013, while someone else predicts that our universe will merge with a smaller universe in 2013. Then Mike from Montana foresees the Grand Canyon collapsing with one side hitting the other. It doesn’t look like a good year for Lindsay Lohan. Sam From West Lake Village says his physic nature tells him Lohan will serve a year in jail for another traffic accident.
There are some pretty weird predictions out there. The only one that sounds plausible is Lindsay Lohan going to the slammer.
Happy New Year everyone.
Current average ratings.