ENTERTAINMENT-I want to thank School Teacher Jeff Drozd for his comments about Cock Roaches, the Who_What_Where and Why she did what she did. Perhaps she has many as pets? Let us turn this into a “teaching moment.” There are many articles and YouTube videos on the subject of cockroaches: cockroach sermons, cockroach recipes, guides for cockroach pets and studies that show they are good for the environment. Considered an insect, cockroaches may also be a food source to cure world hunger.
A FOOD SOURCE TO CURE WORLD HUNGER?
“Worldwide, the insects are a significant food source for many birds and small insectivorous mammals, such as mice and rats. (Even humans eat them in some parts of the world.) None of these animals rely solely on cockroaches for food, Kambhampati said, so they probably wouldn’t go extinct, but their numbers would drop. Parasitic wasps, which specialize in parasitizing cockroach eggs, do rely entirely on the cockroach. “These would almost certainly become extinct,” Kambhampati told Life’s Little Mysteries.
If you can’t get very worked up about a dent in the rat population or the extinction of something called a parasitic wasp, consider this: A dearth of mice and rats would, in turn, impact the species that prey on them, including cats (both wild and domestic), coyotes, wolves and many reptiles, as well as eagles and other birds of prey. Many of those animals, we’re quite fond of.”
In short, we really, really need cockroach poop.”
- The food chain. Apparently roaches make a nice snack for huntsman spiders! And they’re food for other critters too I’ve learned.
- They Motivate Us Clean. It’s true! People living with a roach problem typically don’t leave food out, keep dishes washed, and take trash out quickly. After all, who wants roaches? Nobody! Oh, wait. The spiders want them. But you know what I mean.
- They Show God’s Creative Side. Roaches show God’s glory. And His creativity. Think about it. Only God, the greatest, ultimate Creator could come up with something like a cockroach. As undesirable as they are to most of us, if you really think about it, roaches quite fascinating. Look them up in Wikipedia and you’ll see what I mean.
- They Show God’s Sovereignty. Just the simple fact that humans can’t get rid of them (i.e., 100% extinction from planet Earth) shows the sovereignty of God. Hey, if God wants roaches around, then dog-gone-it, there’s nothing we can do about it. Man has tried (unsuccessfully) to eradicate them from the planet. Kind of like the killer bee that continues to reproduce themselves despite man’s best attempts to wipe them out.
- They Make Good Sermon Illustrations. Yep, sermon illustrations. Preachers can compare roaches to many things, making them “allegorical” (say that 3 times fast). I did a Google search on roaches and “sermon illustrations” and actually found quite a few.So there you have it! Now you know why God (possibly) created roaches. If you have other suggested reasons as to why our sovereign Lord and Savior created these hideous things.”
You might be interested
Incoming search terms:
- allegory sermons
- why the fuck did god create roaches
- does the mojave desert have lots of cockroaches
- mojave deser roach
- what kind of cockroaches are in mohave desert az
- why didnt the cockroaches extinct
- why has god created roaches