For this reason, he has taken an extraordinary step to attach his sworn Affidavit with this update post regarding the Lovell’s family pets, Blaze and Dakota. The readers are looking forward to the final chapter of this saga when the pets are returned home and we can sleep well knowing there are some happy endings taking place on our planet.
In the meantime, Gerard feels it is important to keep the readers updated about the unfolding events.
Here is his update……
I was advised to make what I wrote last basically short n sweet, so here goes.
1. There are 2 dogs being held for who knows what, it should only have been 1 period.
2. If Dakota would have been released after her 10 quarantine period the rest wouldn’t have happened.
3. The town has spent over $50,000,they say. Why and where is the itemized breakdown of costs?
4. The impound fees should only be for 1 dog not 2.
5. Dakota would and should not be considered “Potentially Dangerous” for being at the wrong place at the wrong time.
6. Neither dog was declared “Potentially Dangerous” by a professional expert qualified to label them as it states in A.S.P.C.A. own standard rules or laws.
7. Mark Mahoney is not a qualified expert, nor is Kim Casey whom manufactured the incident 3 different ways as to how it happened.
8. All evidence used against the pets was based on hearsay and untruths by witnesses that are not credible.
9. Dakota shouldn’t have gotten pregnant and lose 3 pups while in custody of animal control.
10. JR (owner) wouldn’t have been forced to sign his life and rights away before he could get them back.
11. So what the heck was the problem? I couldn’t tell you.
12. It all started over not being able to visit the dogs while they were at the animal shelter and trying to get it straightened out with Yucca Valley Town Manager, Mark Nuaimi.
13. I ask this simple question, why I was being blackballed against visiting the dogs? Go Figure.
I’m at the point of not caring who’s fault it is, “This is only hurting the dogs and now pups” So what is “really going down?” Tell us Mark, or have a heart and some compassion, and let the dogs go home!
Cruelty to animals? Who’s the guilty one now?
Respectfully, Gerard Van Der Veen.
PDF Document Links:
IMG Gerard Van Der Veen Affidavit, under penalty of perjury
IMG_0001 Notarized signature