That took some real leadership and I applaud him for being an independent thinker that has evidently thought this whole sordid business out. In doing so he has perhaps evaluated the end result, 40 low income housing units and a Community Center/Theater that serves only a few against the needs of the many and the continued expenditure of tax dollars that will only line the pockets of RSG consulting and the law firm of Rutan and Tucker.
But the real test will come tonight at the Oversight Board meeting. In theory this is how the vote on that contract between the city and itself should breakdown:
- Cole and Warne representing the city with a contract with itself – “yes”
- Gillick and Matos representing the County – “no”
- Meyers representing Copper Mountain College – “no”
- Cole representing the Hospital – “no” but will vote “yes” due to obvious reasons
- Price representing the Morongo School District – “no”
In theory, that would kill this continued Frankenstein story developed by city staff with a 3 to 4 vote and the quorum going to “no”. But given the current city staff they will threaten another law suit against the Oversight Board as a group and as individuals if need be if the Oversight Board does not “see” it the city way and vote “yes” tonight.
Now should any of the theoretical four listed above vote “yes”, which favors the city’s interests as opposed to the interests of the various entities that they represent, then I for one will be interested in hearing how they justify that decision to hang out to dry the various entities that they took an oath to protect.
The primary purpose of the Oversight Board is to assist the Successor Agency in “winding down” its debt. It is not the job of the Oversight Board to assist the successor agency in perpetuating the debt for an additional 30 years.
As has been stated the city can take that 15% of the tax increment to pay off the Bonds at the 10 year mark. The remaining 85% will then go to the schools and the hospital. Which in our case means that Price, Meyers, Gillick and Matos will not be serving the interests of the entities they represent if they approve this contract that the city made with itself.
Thank you Jay Corbin for having the courage and the understanding to do what in my opinion is right for the many and not serving the special interests of the few.
You might be interested
Incoming search terms:
- dilbert wallpaper