From The Twentynine Palms Fire Department Public Information Officer: On Thursday, April 28th at 6:44 p.m., the Twentynine Palms Fire Department responded to a residential structure fire in the 4600 block of Hook Tree Rd, in the City of Twentynine Palms. On arrival, firefighters found smoke and fire showing from the rear of the structure and heavy fire conditions inside the home. Twentynine Palms and Combat Center firefighters initiated an interior attack and the fire was declared under control in approximately 20 minutes. The two adult residents who were home at the time of the fire escaped without injury.
13 firefighters from Twentynine Palms, the Combat Center, and Wonder Valley were assigned to the incident. An engine from the Joshua Tree station of San Bernardino County Fire was assigned to cover the Twentynine Palms district during the incident.
The interior of the home suffered major damage with property loss estimated at $80,000 for the structure and its contents. Investigation determined the fire started in a propane barbeque grill on the back patio, igniting numerous wood materials on the patio, and then spread rapidly to the interior of the home through an open patio door.
The Twentynine Palms Fire Department would like to remind residents to exercise care when using barbeque grills by ensuring the grill is away from combustible materials when in use and that the grill is completely turned off and cold prior to storing the grill.
You might be interested
Incoming search terms:
- bbq with man on fire cartoon
- fire from tv hookup and tree
- PIC OF FIRE DEPARTMENT AND BBQ
- fire department cartoon funny
- fire in victorville on Hook rd