TWENTYNINE PALMS CITY COUNCIL
GENERAL PLAN ADVISORY COMMITTEE (GPAC)
Community Services Building
74325 Joe Davis Drive
Twentynine Palms, California
Monday, January 31, 2011
- CALL TO ORDER
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENTS – None.
- PUBLIC COMMENTS – This is the time for the public to address the City Council.
- This is the time for the public to address the City Council on issues within the jurisdiction of the City Council that are not on this agenda. All comments are to be directed to the City Council and shall not consist of any personal attacks. Members of the public are expected to maintain a professional, courteous decorum during their comments. There is a time limitation of three (3) minutes per person. If you haven’t already done so, please fill out name and address slips and give them to the City Clerk. The City Council is prohibited by State law from taking action or discussing items not included on the printed agenda.
- Public comments on specific agenda items will be deferred until consideration of the item on the agenda.
- DISCUSSION ITEM
4.1 PC 09-53 – General Plan Update, joint City Council, Planning Commission, General Plan Advisory Committee (GPAC) Special Meeting to discuss the role and Council expectations of the GPAC, with possible additional meetings (possible second Contract Amendment to Option “B” GPAC meetings).
RECOMMENDATION: That the City Council:
- Conduct a Joint Special Meeting with the Planning Commission and General
Plan Advisory Committee (GPAC) to discuss the role of the GPAC, Planning
Commission and City Council in the development of the General Plan
- Following the conclusion of the special meeting determine the role of the
GPAC and if it is to continue, the role of Hogle-Ireland, Inc. and the
authorization of the funds for the associated costs.
It is the intention of the City of Twentynine Palms to comply with the American with Disabilities Act (ADA) in all respects. If you are a person with a disability who requires a disability-related modification or accommodation in order to participate in a meeting, including auxiliary aids or services, please request such modification or accommodation from the City Clerk at (760) 367-6799 (telephone) or (760) 367-4890 (facsimile). Notification at least 48 hours prior to the meeting will enable the City to make reasonable arrangements to assure accessibility to the meeting. Please advise us at that time whether you will require accommodations to participate in meetings on a regular basis. Any person affected by any application on this agenda may submit their concerns in writing prior to the meeting or appear in person and be heard in support of or opposition to the proposal at the time the matter is considered. Staff reports, applications, and environmental documents may be reviewed at the office of Community Development, 6136 Adobe Road, between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m., Monday through Thursday, except legal holidays. Telephone inquiries may be made to (760) 367-6799. If you challenge any item on this agenda in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues that you or someone else raised at the public meeting described in this notice, or in written correspondence delivered to the City of Twentynine Palms at, or prior to, the public meeting.
This notice of Agenda is hereby certified to have been posted on or before 4 p.m., January 26, 2011.
Charlene L. Sherwood MMC, City Clerk Time/Date