They really only hate the proletariat, as always they consider themselves elite and above reproach and find it unnecessary to live under the same draconian regulations they foist upon us in the name of the environment. Just look at al gore.
THE REAL INCONVENIENT TRUTH: DIANE FRANCIS HATES HUMANS
The “inconvenient truth” overhanging the U.N.’s Copenhagen conference is not that the climate is warming or cooling, but that humans are overpopulating the world, says Diane Francis, Editor-at-Large for Canada’s Financial Post.
According to Francis:
- A planetary law, such as China’s one-child policy, is the only way to reverse the disastrous global birthrate currently, which is one million births every four days.
- The world’s other species, vegetation, resources, oceans, arable land, water supplies and atmosphere are being destroyed and pushed out of existence as a result of humanity’s soaring reproduction rate.
Earlier this week, Wall Street Journalist columnist Bret Stephens wrote about the totalitarian impulses that animate global warming true believers. According to Stephens, environmentalists like Francis, and totalitarians like Joseph Stalin, share a penchant for anti-humanism:
- In his 2007 best seller “The World Without Us,” environmentalist Alan Weisman considers what the planet would be like without mankind, and finds it’s no bad thing.
- The U.N. Population Fund complains in a recent report that “no human is genuinely ‘carbon neutral’”– its latest argument against children.
- John Holdren, President Obama’s science adviser, cut his teeth in the policy world as an overpopulation obsessive worried about global cooling.
But whether warming or cooling, the problem for the climate alarmists, as for other totalitarians, always seems to boil down to the human race itself, says Stephens.
Source: Diane Francis, “The Real Inconvenient Truth,” Financial Post, December 8, 2009; and Bret Stephens, “The Totalities of Copenhagen; Global warming and the psychology of true belief,” Wall Street Journal, December 8, 2009.
For Francis text:
For Stephens text: