- Believes in “common sense” Government. Dan believes City policies, fees, ordinances and zoning should reflect the real needs of our community and help businesses create jobs and provide services. Government should encourage commence and support a healthy economy. Government should not make unnecessary rules or limit the free market without good cause. Government should enforce existing common sense laws that protect our citizens and provide for the greater good of our community. Dan will use common sense to plan our future.
- Believes the citizens of Twentynine Palms should be able to live,work and shop in our hometown. Dan understands if more local opportunities are present, more jobs will be created, more taxes will be available to enhance and improve local streets, parks, youth sports and senior services and fewer resources will be spent on travel out of town. If they can work and shop locally, citizens will save money, time, and vehicle maintenance while increasing sales tax dollars to their own community and decreasing the impact on the environment. From retail to recreation, Dan is ready to plan for our future.
- Believes in fiscal responsibility. The city should provide services to the community within its budget and should allocate funds to services the voters choose. Tax payer dollars should be re-invested in projects and programs which improve the quality of life for residents, enhance the visitor experience and encourage business investment and job creation. Dan will listen to voters and make responsible decision to plan for our future.
- Believes the city should have strong working relationship with the U.S. Marine Corps and Joshua Tree National Park. Dan understands that a healthy community works together. Twentynine Palms is comprised of proud Americans who support the Marine Corps and appreciate the National Park Service. Dan will work to build bridges and forge partnerships to plan for our Future together.
- Believes in the future of Twentynine Palms. Dan has lived in the Twentynine Palms for 43 years and has operated a successful business, in partnership with his sister for 25 years. He has invested his time and energy in the community, volunteering for numerous youth programs, non profit organizations and community causes. Dan understands our city’s unique issues and community relationships. Business profits have been re-invested in the business, keeping it a vibrant, wholesome center for family entertainment.
Dan has spent his life working for Twentynine Palms: he’ll continue to plan for our future and work toward a better way of life for our community as a City Council-member.